TED Prize 2016 is Now Open
Deadline: March 31, 2015 | Views: 10
The TED Prize is awarded every year to a leader with a bold, innovative vision for sparking global change. The TED Prize winner receives $1,000,000 and support from the TED community’s wide range of resources and expertise, to make their dream become a reality.
Nominate an individual or yourself to envision and execute a high-impact project that can spur global change. TED Prize winner will have an ambitious wish and the vision, pragmatism and leadership to turn it into reality.
Nominations for the 2016 TED Prize will close at 11:59 pm ET, March 31, 2015.
- January: TED Prize nominations open
- March 31: TED Prize nominations close
- April 1 – June 1: Review period
- June 1 – July 19: Finalists identified and additional data collected
- July 20 – July 24: Finalist phone interview period
- July 25 – September 30: Review period (cont’d)
- October – December: Winner determined and wish strategy commences
- March 2016: TED Prize wish announced during TED Conference.
Nomination Review Process:
When nominating an individual, the nominator is welcome to approach the nominee about drafting a potential wish. If a nominee is strong, and no wish is included, the TED Prize team will reach out to them directly during the short-listing process.
They will reach out to nominees directly if their applications progress to the finalist stage, to request the following:
- Details of their TED Prize wish
- Details of their execution plan
- Details of the team involved
- Details of a one-year deliverable plan.
Finally, the winner is selected by a jury drawn from leading members of the TED community.
The winner of the 2016 TED Prize will be revealed when they announce their wish from the TED2016 stage in Vancouver, BC.http://www.youthop.com/awards/ted-prize-2016-is-now-openhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/hd-jsg1.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/hd-jsg1-300x300.jpgAwardsAwards