Prince Sultan International Prize for Water
Deadline: December 31, 2014 | Views: 14
The Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water is open for nominations for its 7th Award series. Nominations are open to all innovative and current research that is relevant to one of our four Prizes, which together cover the entire water research landscape.
- Creativity Prize [1 Million Saudi Riyals ($266,000)]: Open to all pioneering and innovative research in any water-related field. The work should be practical, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective and should provide an original solution useful to society and should contribute to development and social upliftment.
- Specialized Prize [1/2 Million Saudi Riyals ($133,000)]: Open to all innovative and current research topics relevant to one of the four Prizes listed below. The research should cover the entire water research landscape.
Each Prize is accompanied by a distinctive trophy and certificate.
The four Specialized Prizes & some of the many topics relevant to each Prize.
Surface Water Prize:
- Water Harvesting
- Rain & Runoff Water Modeling
- Effects of Global Warming on Precipitation
- Flood Mitigation & Control
- Evaporation & Transpiration
- Sedimentation Control in Surface Water Systems
- Groundwater Recharge
- Groundwater Exploration & Assessment
- Groundwater Contamination
- Aquifer Characteristics Pumping Tests
- Pumping Tests
Alternative Water Resources Prize:
- Wastewater Treatment
- Water Reclamation, Purification & Recycling
- Innovative Water Production Methods
- Cloud Seeding
- Fog & Dew
Water Management & Protection Prize:
- Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM)
- Water Conservation
- Water Demand Management
- Water Pollution Control
- Sustainability of Water Resources
- Irrigation Water Management & Conservation
Please remember that all other topics related to the major topics are relevant for the prize.
- Groups of people working on the same project may not be nominated separately, they must be nominated as a group with a single nomination form.
- Nominations for the Creativity Prize is limited to individual or a group of individuals. Nominations for the Creativity Prize must be made by a university, institution, or government agency on behalf of individuals or teams of researchers.
- Organizations can nominate themselves for one of the four Specialized Prizes. Self-nominations are accepted for Specialized Prizes.
- The work(s) being nominated must have been completed no more than five (5) years prior to the nomination deadline for the current Prize.
- Submissions of up to five distinct works is accepted. Multiple works should not be collected together and submitted as a single work.
- A nominee can be nominated for only one of the five Prizes during the same award.
- Past recipient of any other international prize can not be nominated.
- Nominations cannot be made by the members of Prize committees and their immediate relatives.
Note: Nominations must be made online through an electronic application form.http://www.youthop.com/awards/prince-sultan-international-prize-for-waterhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Prince-Sultan-International-Prize-for-Water.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Prince-Sultan-International-Prize-for-Water-300x300.jpgAwards