Nominations Open for Commonwealth Youth Worker Awards 2016
Deadline: August 31, 2016 | Views: 1,023
Nominations are now open for the Commonwealth Youth Worker Awards 2016, which will recognise youth workers who utilise sport and arts programmes to engage and empower young people across the Commonwealth. The Awards celebrate the positive impact of youth workers on young people’s lives, their communities and their societies. Youth workers can be found in a broad range of civil society and voluntary organisations as well as government ministries and youth departments.
The theme for Commonwealth Youth Work Week 2016 is ‘Empowering young people through sport and arts’, acknowledging the intentional use by youth workers of sport, and creative and innovative techniques, to deliver effective youth empowerment programmes. As young people participate in these programmes, they build personal, social and intellectual capacities that enhance their contribution in the home, school, community, country and the wider world.
- Open to youth workers doing great work using sport or the arts;
- Nominees may come from any Commonwealth region – Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Americas, Europe, and the Pacific.
Nominations will be assessed according to:
- Impact on young people’s lives – evidence of how the youth worker has made an impact on the lives of young people;
- Impact on the wider community – the impact the youth worker’s intervention had on the community and families;
- Quality of their interventions – evidence of the use of youth work principles, methods and sustainable approaches;
- Innovation and learning – evidence of creativity in overcoming the challenges of delivery and in application of youth work theory.
If you know a youth worker who is doing great work using sport or the arts, then nominate them by completing the official form, available at commonwealth-youthworkers.awardsplatform.com
The nominations period will close on 31 August 2016, after which finalists will be shortlisted from each Commonwealth region – Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Americas, Europe, and the Pacific – with Youth Worker of the Year named for each region. As part of an awards ceremony in London on 10 November 2016, the overall Commonwealth Youth Worker of the Year, drawn from the regional winners, will be named.http://www.youthop.com/awards/nominations-open-for-commonwealth-youth-worker-awards-2016http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Commonwealth-Youth-Worker-Awards-2016.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Commonwealth-Youth-Worker-Awards-2016-150x150.jpgAwardsCommonwealth,Commonwealth Youth,Commonwealth Youth Worker Awards 2016,Youth Awards,Youth Worker