Nominations Open for 2016 WEPs CEO Leadership Awards
Deadline: October 30, 2015 | Views: 27
Nominations are open for the prestigious 2016 WEPs CEO Leadership Awards, which recognize business leaders for their exceptional championship of gender equality and support for the Women’s Empowerment Principles. Award recipients will have the opportunity to speak directly about their commitment at a ceremony held at the United Nations during the Women’s Empowerment Principles Annual Event, March 2016.
The awardees will be notified by mid- December 2015.
- Benchmark for Change
- Buisness Case for Action
- Community Engagement
- Cultural Change for Empowerment
- taking coordinated action and implementing
- policies to deliver powerful results aligned with the 7 Principles listed below.
- Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality
- Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men workers
- Promote education, training and professional development for women
- Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women
- Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy
- Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality
Applicants eligible to apply for the award are:
- CEOs (present or past) who have signed or intend to sign the WEPs CEO Statement of Support by 30 October 2015.
- Companies that are participants of the United Nations Global Compact orintend to become participants within the next six months.