Nominations Open for 2016-2017 International Leader of Tomorrow Award
Deadline: December 10, 2015 | Views: 175
The University of British Columbia is inviting international applicants to take part in International Leader of Tomorrow Award (2016-2017).
This award aims to recognize international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavor such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
A Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the recipient achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian Study Permit (visa).
ILOT Awards winners will receive an award-level commensurate with demonstrated financial need, and sufficient to cover tuition costs for the relevant program of study, and living expenses.
Award candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from.
To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
- Be applying for their first undergraduate degree
- Be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- Have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- Be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- Demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree
- Be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university.