Momentum for Change Lighthouse Activities Awards 2015
Deadline: April 24, 2015 | Views: 4
The search for Momentum for Change’s 2015 Lighthouse Activities is on! Spearheaded by the United Nations Climate Change Secretariat, Momentum for Change shines a light on the most innovative, scalable and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
If you’re leading a results-driven project that is successfully addressing climate change, we want to hear from you!
Who can apply?
Organizations, communities, cities, businesses, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change can apply to have their projects recognized as a 2015 Lighthouse Activity. You can apply in one of the four areas:
- Urban Poor, recognizing activities addressing climate change while improving the lives of the urban poor in developing countries.
- Women for Results, recognizing the critical leadership and participation of women in addressing climate change;
- Financing for Climate Friendly Investment, recognizing successful financial innovations for climate change adaption and mitigation;
- ICT Solutions, recognizing successful climate change mitigation or adaptation activities that produce measurable results.
In order to meet the basic eligibility criteria, the activity must:
- Address climate change mitigation or adaptation;
- Be already implemented, or in the course of implementation;
- Be scaleable and/or replicable with potential for long-term impact;
- Be innovative and/or demonstrate potential for long-term transformational change;
- Deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits;
- Not be registered or have intentions to register as a clean development mechanism (CDM) or joint implementation (JI) initiative in the next two years.
If your project is selected as a winning activity, you will receive a wide range of benefits, including fully covered attendance to the 2015 UN Climate Change Conference in Paris, France; access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference; public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat; public relations support and media training; high-quality promotional videos and podcasts; a dedicated page about your project on our website; and graphic assets such as infographics and professional photography.
To start a new application, register in the online application portal. It will take at least an hour to complete an application but you can save your progress at any time and work on it at your convenience. Completed applications must be submitted by Friday, 24 April 2015.
Please visit the Essential Information page for essential eligibility information about the application processs.http://www.youthop.com/awards/momentum-for-change-lighthouse-activities-awards-2015http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/momentum-for-change.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/momentum-for-change-300x300.jpgAwardsActivities,Award,Change,United Nations