Make Nominations for the Global Teacher Prize 2014
Deadline: October 5, 2014 | Views: 0
Are you a teacher teaching children between 5-18 years of age? Do you employ innovative and effective instructional practices and inspire the teaching profession significantly? Are you preparing your students to be global citizens? Do you contribute on public debate to raise the bar of teaching profession? If Yes, you are the potential candidate for Global Teacher Prize 2014. You can apply by yourself or your current/former students, colleagues, school administrator, elected official or parent of a student will nominate you for the US$1 Million Prize by the Varkey GEMS Foundation.
The Global Teacher Awards focuses on the valuable contributions that teachers make every day to establish a flourishing global society. The prize will select an extraordinary teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession.
- Global Teacher Prize worth US$1 Million
- Invitation to the Global Education and Skills Forum 2015 in Dubai for 10 Finalists
- National and International Recognition of the achievements
- Nominee must be a teacher currently teaching children in a compulsory setting or between the ages 5-18.
- Nominee must have recognizable achievement in the classroom and beyond from pupils, colleagues, head-teachers or members of the wider community.
- Nominee must be employing innovative and effective instructional practices and achieving demonstrable student learning outcomes in the classroom.
- Nominee must be contributing to public debates on raising the bar of the teaching profession, whether through writing articles, blogs, media participation, social media campaigns, events or conferences.
- Nominee must be encouraging others to join the teaching profession.
- Nominee must be preparing children to be global citizens in a world where they will encounter people from many different religions, cultures and nationalities.
- Nominee must be developing and sharing innovative thought leadership that has improved access to quality teaching and education for children of all backgrounds.
- Nominee’s must have demonstrable accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide unique and distinguished models of excellence for the teaching profession.
Note: If the teacher is her/himself applying for the prize, s/he should write her/his own story; if a present or former student is making nomination of the teacher, s/he should give reason why s/he is nominating that particular teacher.http://www.youthop.com/awards/make-nominations-for-the-global-teacher-prize-2014http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Global-Teacher-Prize-2014-1024x534.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Global-Teacher-Prize-2014-300x300.jpgAwards