Islamic Development Bank Prize 2016 for Women’s Contribution to Development
Deadline: November 30, 2015 | Views: 89
Applications are invited for IDB Prize available for both individuals and organizations. The prize aims to recognize the essential role of women in managing water resources and thereby, improving the economic and social conditions of their communities. The Prize consists of two cash awards-U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women and U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization. To be eligible, women candidate should be engaged in activities and /or reside in one of the IDB member countries or in a Muslim community in non-member countries.
The Nominee must:
- Be a woman.
- Engaged in activities and /or reside in one of the IDB member countries or in a Muslim community in non-member countries.
- Hold values and principles and exhibit work that do not conflict with those of the IDB.
- Have activities that have proven to be effective.
- Have developed or be actively involved in projects/activities that are innovative and helped to improve access to safe and affordable water.
- Have work that is exemplary and worthy of emulation.
- Serve as a role model for other women.
- Be nominated by an organization.
The Prize consists of two cash awards;
- U.S. $ 50,000 for a woman or a group of women
- U.S. $ 100,000 for an organization
The Prize is awarded during the Annual Meeting of the IDB Board of Governors.
Prize Open for International Students: IDB Prize is open for IDB member countries (Guinea Bissau, Libya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Togo, Turkey, Uganda, Yemen, Tajikistan, Gabon, Indonesia, Gambia, Jordan, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyz, Lebanon, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Pakistan, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Benin, Sierra Leone, Cote dIvoire, Brunei, Djibouti, Tunisia, Uzbekistan, Burkina Faso, Chad, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, Egypt, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Albania, Bangladesh, Somalia, Senegal and Comoros) and for Muslim communities in non-member countries.
Application Process: Application can be submitted by email or post. Prizes will be awarded during the 41st Board of IDB Governors Meeting scheduled to take place in 1437H ( 2016G).http://www.youthop.com/awards/islamic-development-bank-prize-2016-for-womens-contribution-to-developmenthttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Islamic-Development-Bank-Prize-for-Women’s-Contribution-to-Development.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Islamic-Development-Bank-Prize-for-Women’s-Contribution-to-Development-150x150.jpgAwardsAward,Development,IDB,Islamic Development Bank,Prize,Women