Human Rights Essay Award 2016
Deadline: February 1, 2016 | Views: 155
The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy and seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law. Participants have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the assigned topic. The essay has to be a legal article and the topic of essay is “Extractive Industries“.
The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish. The Award in each case will consist of:
- A full scholarship* to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the
- Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
- Housing at the university dorms
- Per diem for living expenses
The best articles may be published in the American University International Law Review.
- Candidates must hold a law degree and have demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Each participant must also include a curriculum vitae of no more than three pages in length explaining the experience or interest of the author in human rights issues. Please submit the CV as a separate file from your paper.
- The deadline to submit articles is February 1, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. E.S.T. NO ESSAYS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS TIME.
- Essays must be submitted using the online submission page, no emailed entries will be accepted.
- Past Winners cannot submit essays in future competitions.
- Articles must not exceed 35 pages in length, including footnotes**.
- Essays must use Times New Roman font, 12-point double-spaced for the body of the essay and 10-point single-spaced for footnotes.
- All essays must be on letter size paper (8.5 x 11 inches/21.59 x 27.94 cm) with 1 inch (2.54 cm) margins all around.
- Character spacing must be set to normal.
- Authors should not put their name or any identifying information in their essays.
- Essays will only be accepted in Word format
- Any essay that does not follow the guidelines will be reformatted and 5 points will be taken off. If the essay is longer than 35 pages, it will be automatically disqualified.
- The essay has to be a legal article; therefore, it will include foot pages and citations. The absence of those will cause that the essay will be disqualified.
**How to make footnotes and citations. Winners will be announced on April 1, 2015 through Website.
Photo Source: www.dw.comhttp://www.youthop.com/awards/human-rights-essay-award-2016http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Human-Rights-Essay-Award-2016.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Human-Rights-Essay-Award-2016-150x150.jpgAwards