Google Roots in Science and Engineering Award 2015
Deadline: September 30, 2014 | Views: 3
We aspire for students to be creators and not just consumers of tomorrow’s technology, and that includes students of all backgrounds.
Google RISE Awards are grants for organizations across the globe that:
- Promote Computer Science (CS) education
- Run initiatives that reach girls, underrepresented minorities, and students facing socio-economic barriers under age 18
Visit our eligibility page to learn more about what the RISE program offers and who is eligible to apply.
RISE Award recipients receive:
- Funding: Grants range from $15,000 to $50,000 USD.
- Access to a global network of CS partners: This includes an invitation to the annual RISE Global Summit and participation in the Google+ online community.
- Consultancy with Google experts and volunteers: Learn about technical tools & organizational development over the course of 12 months.
In turn, RISE Award recipients are expected to:
- Report on progress: Demonstrate scale of CS program over one year and keep Google updated on progress by submitting midyear and end of year reports.
- Share resources across the community: Communicate ideas and expertise on CS outreach programs within the global RISE community.
Organizations are eligible to apply if they have a(n):
- Emphasis on CS programs: We fund CS organizations that currently run extracurricular computer science programs or STEM organizations looking to start a computer science outreach program.
- Focus on girls, minorities, low-income students: Programs must target girls and/or underrepresented minority students up to the age of 18. Awards are not open to programs targeting students already enrolled in university or above.
- Regional reach with potential to scale: Programs should have regional reach (city, county or state) with the potential to scale nationally and collaborate internationally with similarly focused organizations.
- New program: Previous RISE awardees may apply if adding a new dimension to former programs or launching a new CS program.
- Questions? For additional questions regarding nonprofit statuses and eligibility, visit our FAQ page.
How to apply:
The 2015 RISE application period is open from August 18 to September 30, 2014. Recipients will be notified of their grant award in December 2014.
To apply, please click on the appropriate link below by language. You will be taken to our partner site, E-Resources, where you will create a username and profile to access and complete your RISE application.
To apply in either English, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, or French, click here.
Please note: Once you arrive to our partner site, E-Resources, you will see instructions to create a username and password for your RISE account. Make sure to read these instructions carefully. You will need to complete preliminary information in English regarding yourself and your organization before arriving to the application in your respective language.http://www.youthop.com/awards/google-roots-in-science-and-engineering-award-2015http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Google-RISE-Award-2014-1024x534.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Google-RISE-Award-2014-300x300.jpgAwards