Call for Nominations: SEAMEO 50th Anniversary Recognition Award
Deadline: November 3, 2014 | Views: 1
In November 2015, SEAMEO (Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization) will mark half a century since its establishment. As a regional intergovernmental organization comprising 11 Southeast Asian countries, SEAMEO takes pride in its achievements over the years as the region’s leading organization that promotes regional cooperation and human resource development in education, science and culture.
In conjunction with the anniversary celebration in November 2015, SEAMEO has instigated the SEAMEO 50th Anniversary Recognition Award to honour those people who have contributed significantly to SEAMEO’s diverse programmes that promote cooperation and the development of education, science and culture across the region – an approach that has contributed to a better quality of life for millions of people in Southeast Asia over the last 50 years.
The award also serves as a mark of recognition to these individuals’ dedication and their significant contributions towards a better quality of life and sustainable development in Southeast Asia.
- Nominations shall be from the Ministry of Education of SEAMEO Member Countries; SEAMEO Associate Member Countries; SEAMEO Affiliate Members; and SEAMEO Regional Centres.
- The nominees have/had engaged with SEAMEO and significantly contributed to the development of education/science/culture through the work of SEAMEO.
- The nominees should be a resident or citizen of the following Southeast Asian countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste and Vietnam.
- The awardees will be invited to receive the Award at the Official Celebration of SEAMEO’s 50th Anniversary which will coincide with the 48th SEAMEO Council Conference in April 2015 in Thailand.
- The awardees will be featured in the SEAMEO 50th Anniversary Commemorative Publication and in a special press release.
SEAMEO 50th Anniversary Recognition Award
920 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey District,
Bangkok 10110, THAILAND
Tel: +662 391 0144 I Fax: +662 381 2587